Saturday, October 14, 2017

A New Beginning: Focus

It's time to start a new blog, continuing off the previous two art blogs. I am a self-taught artist finding my way.  In my first art blog "Impressionism from Idle Acres", I was definitely at the "apprentice" art level.  In my second blog "Impressionism from the Journeyman", I considered myself to be at the "journeyman" level, exploring many styles and working at executing better.

I have been giving my art away as gifts for some time.

At this juncture, I have some folks asking me or telling me I should perhaps sell my art. That first repeated encouragement has been reinforced more and more frequently. I do not yet perceive myself as a "professional" artist. I do not yet consider myself an "expert". But I am on a Journey; Always reading about art and art history. I am a very visual person; I collect books, prints, original art, frames, source photos and reference pictures galore. I have been doing art now for a few years; I have artist materials for drawing, pastels, charcoal, colored pencil, watercolor, acrylic, oils. I have tools for woodworking, carving, metalworking, sculpture, and jewelry. I experiment with all sorts of media.

I have so many paintings in my head. So many ideas. So maybe it's time to focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment